Extract from Meet Rules
1. The warm-up may only commence when advised to do so by the
2. No diving is allowed other than those controlled by the meet
stewards on the sprint lanes.
3. Odd numbered lanes are to be swum in a clockwise direction
and even numbered lanes in an anti clockwise direction from
the deep end.
4. No congregating will be allowed at either end of the pool
5. Sprint lanes - meet stewards shall designate the swimmers
who may start to avoid congestion and diving in on backstroke
6. Do not start sprinting in a sprint lane until non-sprinting
swimmers have cleared the lane.
7. On finishing a sprint immediately clear the way for the following
1. It is the responsibility of club representatives/clubs to
ensure that all their swimmers are sufficiently competent to
dive start. Alternatively swimmers should be reminded that they
may start from the poolside.
2. In the event of a false start, swimmers should perform a
safe entry and not fall into the water. Dress Code 1. Swimmers
out with the poolside must wear dry clothing and footwear at
all times 2. No outdoor footwear is allowed on the poolside.
3. Swimmers required for presentation must be suitably dressed
e.g. club tee shirt/ tops should be worn.
Thanks you for your co-operations in making swimming a safer
experience for all